How can I write for Nutrition Exchange? (NEX)
We are interested in hearing from individuals who have experience in nutrition related activities
across a range of sectors including Health, Agriculture, Education, Water and Sanitation and
The Nutrition Exchange (NEX) editorial team can help you easily transform your thoughts and experiences into a short article for Nutrition Exchange.
What could I write about?
We are interested in hearing about activities which improve nutrition and what is being learnt about implementation of activities at the national, district, provincial and community level. We are interested in emergency response and long-term development activities. Some examples of the type of topics that would be interesting include:
- How to coordinate nutrition stakeholders at the national level
- What policies, strategies and resources are needed to scale up nutrition and how are these best mobilised
- How to embed nutrition within agriculture, health, water and sanitation, social protection, education; to achieve better nutrition outcomes
- How to work with communities to improve nutrition and sustain these improvements
- How is capacity development in nutrition being strengthened and institutionalised
- What does resilience and disaster risk reduction involve for nutrition
- Different approaches to scaling up nutrition, health, agriculture or water and sanitation programmes
- Challenges in scaling up nutrition, health, or water and sanitation programmes
- Challenges of working in fragile or conflict affected countries or areas
- Linking nutrition-related emergency responses with longer term development programmes
How do I start writing?
Send us a paragraph or a list of bullet points with your initial thoughts and ideas for an article. If this is an idea that can be turned into a 500-600 word article for NEX, we will work with you. An article may be structured to contain some (but not necessarily all) of the following information:
- Brief overview of the context (geographic, demographic and
- health/nutrition situation)
- Brief overview of the project or programme (main aim/objectives, geographic coverage)
- What is unique about the programme?
- What are you doing that is having an impact on the nutrition situation?
- How are you working/linking with other sectors?
- What aspects of the programme are working well and why?
- What are the challenges and how are these being addressed?
- What has been the positive impact of the project/programme in terms of nutritional
- status, community ownership, and demand for services?Have there been any negative impacts?
- Are there things you would do differently if you were to do it over again and if so, why?
- What practical things would you like to share with others developing a similar programme?
You can write as single author or with other colleagues working with you.
We will work with you on the writing until we are all happy with the article. This may involve writing a number of drafts before it is finalised but the process of writing is a great learning experience in itself and it is always good to have publications on your CV! We do not expect the English to be perfect; we can help with this if needed. We are more interested in your experiences and lessons than with the style of writing.
We will include a recent photo of you and the other authors with the article. Photos relating to
the programme are also welcome.
NEX is a free annual publication available in English, French, Arabic and Spanish in print and electronically. It captures experiences and learning from all regions of the world. To ensure you receive the next issue of Nutrition Exchange and other email news updates from the Nutrition Exchange team at ENN subscribe online.
More like this
Do you have an experience in nutrition programming that you would like to share? Have you learned something that would be valuable for others to read? Your experiences and...
View this article as a pdf In November 2019, over one hundred countries came together in Katmandu, Nepal as part of the SUN Movement Global Gathering (GG) to share experiences...
What kind of articles does FEX publish? We welcome ideas for articles and submissions at any time of field articles, research articles, evaluations, news items, views pieces...
en-net: Demande d'information: Interventions / Recherches en permaculture dans les pays en développement
Permaculture, community resilience and nutrition
We are a group of researchers and practitioners working with the Permaculture Association...
Listen to an interview with the editors on the ENN podcast channel We're proud to introduce this tenth issue of Nutrition Exchange! The publication has grown from a digested...
Voici la 60e édition de Field Exchange - un numéro spécial consacré au continuum de soins pour les enfants souffrant de malnutrition aiguë....
Listen to an interview with the editors (podcast) on ENN's MediaHub Welcome to this eighth issue of Nutrition Exchange (NEX), in which we have widened our geographical...
We are delighted to share with you Issue 5 of Nutrition Exchange. In keeping with our aim to have the majority of NEX content written by national actors engaged in nutrition...
We are pleased to share with you Issue 4 of Nutrition Exchange (NEX). In addition to the usual summaries of important nutrition-related publications, this issue features 12...
This issue of Nutrition Exchange is our sixth and we continue to profile the writing of those working at national and sub-national level. This issue contains 13 original...
FEX: Sphere Project
Sphere Project It's great to have the opportunity, in this issue of Field Exchange, to bring to your attention an NGO endeavour aiming to improve the quality of emergency...
Za'atri refugee camp, Jordan By Jeremy Shoham, ENN editor Events in Syria have arguably led to the largest humanitarian crisis for the past 20 years. The number of...
This issue of Field Exchange speaks largely to the themes of scaling up and integration of nutrition programming, as well as multi-sector approaches to addressing...
en-net: next deadline for NEX8
To the editors of NEX
When is the next NEX deadline for submission
The pages "Write for NEX" and another page fail to provide info on deadlines other...
NEX: What's new at ENN?
Nutrition Exchange: Preliminary results from user survey ENN conducted an impact survey in late 2017 with the aim of understanding how our global network of practitioners and...
Nutrition Exchange is an annual ENN publication that contains short, easy-to-read articles on nutrition programme experiences and learning, from countries with a high burden of...
This seventh issue of Nutrition Exchange introduces an exciting new phase in the publication's development, as ENN will now be publishing NEX twice a year and will bring...
This rather large issue of Field Exchange has a typically wide range of material from field practitioners and researchers. Some examples of innovative practice include an...
What is Nutrition Exchange? Nutrition Exchange is an ENN publication that contains short, easy-to-read articles on nutrition programme experiences and learning, from...
View this article as a pdf In this issue of Field Exchange we are delighted to feature, for the second year running, a special section that shares key outputs of Action...
Reference this page
Chloe Angood (2014). How can I write for Nutrition Exchange? (NEX). www.ennonline.net/nex/writefornexinstructions